Thursday, January 23, 2014

This and That Thursday



It is cold. So very bitter cold. Freeze your boogers cold (you northerners should be able to relate). Is it summer yet?

-----------------

I am in desperate need of a hair cut. My husband disagrees, as he likes my hair long; the longer the better. However, he is not the one dealing with said hair. And it's at a point where it needs something.  Something different. Something new. Something uplifting. I'm totally digging a long side-swept bang and layers. I've been pinning some inspirational photos here.

-----------------

I find myself with a tiredness reminiscent of a new mother. I can't remember the last time my children slept through the night, in their own beds. They are 2 and 4, and by gosh, they need to be sleeping through the night, right? My youngest will wake upset and it take a few minutes to even be able to console her. Sometimes she scratches at her legs, and doesn't want to be touched. Eventually she will let me hold her. Once she is calm, she might ask to use the potty or to have a drink of water. Always in the end, she wants to crawl into bed next to me and go back to sleep. There are some nights when she is up several times, and more recently, when she is up for several hours at a time. Then the 4 year old will wander in and want to crawl in bed. And quite frankly, this Momma is getting no rest.

----------------

My nails are doing something funky. I've lost one side of my thumbnail, and I've got an in-grown toenail on one of my big toes. Gross, right? I've never experienced either, and I'm not sure what to do.

---------------

The oldest asked the youngest the other day what she wanted to be when she grows up.
The youngest replied, "A robot."


---------------

I'm feeling old. I'm finding more and more gray hair. The wrinkles are settling on my forehead and around my eyes. I'm looking into more advanced day lotions and night creams, to you know, target my aging skin. What do you use and love?


No comments: